At Dr Tayyab saleem malik clinic (Cosmetic Enclave)
Breast augmentation with implants, also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure designed to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. It is a popular cosmetic procedure chosen by individuals who desire fuller breasts, wish to restore lost volume after pregnancy or weight loss, or want to achieve better breast symmetry.
During the procedure, a plastic surgeon places silicone or saline implants either behind the breast tissue or beneath the chest muscle to increase the breast size and enhance the overall appearance. The specific implant type, size, and placement will depend on factors such as the patient’s body type, aesthetic goals, and the surgeon’s recommendations.
Here are some key aspects of breast augmentation with implants:
- Consultation: Prior to the procedure, you will have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. During this consultation, the surgeon will assess your individual needs, discuss your goals and expectations, and evaluate your overall health to determine if you are a suitable candidate for breast augmentation.
- Implant Options: Breast implants are available in various sizes, shapes, and materials. Silicone implants are filled with a cohesive silicone gel that closely resembles natural breast tissue, while saline implants are filled with a sterile saline solution. Your surgeon will guide you in choosing the most appropriate implant type and size to achieve your desired outcome.
- Incision Placement: The incision for breast augmentation can be made in different locations, including the inframammary crease (under the breast), periareolar (around the areola), or transaxillary (in the armpit). The choice of incision placement depends on factors such as the type of implant, the surgeon’s preference, and your specific anatomy.
- Implant Placement: The implants can be placed either above the pectoral muscle (subglandular) or beneath the pectoral muscle (submuscular). The optimal placement will depend on factors such as the amount of existing breast tissue, the desired outcome, and the surgeon’s recommendation.
- Recovery and Results: After the procedure, you will need time to recover. You may experience temporary swelling, bruising, and discomfort, which can be managed with prescribed medications. It is important to follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions regarding activity restrictions, wearing a supportive bra, and attending follow-up appointments. Over time, as the healing process progresses, you will be able to enjoy the full benefits of the breast augmentation, which typically include improved breast size, shape, and overall confidence.
Breast augmentation with implants is a personal decision, and it is essential to have open and honest communication with your surgeon to ensure that your expectations are aligned with the potential outcomes of the procedure. Choosing a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon is key to achieving the desired results and ensuring your safety throughout the process.